Monday, November 24, 2014

Painting is a Wonderful Adventure




I don’t recall how I learned about the Traveling Chicken a few years back, but it sounded like fun and I invited her for a visit.   TC finally arrived and I told friends a little about the challenge and how I was excited it was my turn to paint her.  To a person, they got quizzical expressions and asked if I had to wash the paint off before I mailed it to the next person!    

Art has taken me to some amazing places, providing me new adventures and affording me with wonderful unique opportunities to meet fellow artists, although I have to say this is probably one of the most unusual!  

My adventure with TC started with an email telling me it was my turn to paint her.  Then another email for the hand-off.  Usually, TC is just back from some grand adventure in other part of the country or world.  This time is was a short hop and a personal hand-off.   We agreed to meet nearby for lunch, found we had many things in common, and had a long enjoyable lunch with TC taking it all in.   I have high hopes it’s going to be a new lasting friendship and Johnna & I can honestly say it was started with an introduction from a Chicken!  


"Show Off"

I was a bit disappointed TC's companion rooster was taking a vacation
so I found this one dressed in his Christmas finery. 
 

While I’m sure TC would have enjoyed a trip to Washington, D.C., I thought I would go a little outside the Beltway and take her to The Loft Gallery in Occoquan, VA.  I had a great time showing her off to the artists.  We are currently having a miniature show so TC fit right in as she checked out my frog!   




1 comment:

  1. Love your story! That frog looks a little too interested in Ms. Chick if I might say so - I hope she gave him a "croakful" and sure she did. I bet she was mightily impressed with an introduction by a Loft member artist of your standing and loved the drive to that wonderful part of Virginia! I must get down there one of these days.

    ReplyDelete